Dominion’s Income and Age Qualifying Solar Program
Dominion Energy Virginia offers a program that provides a free solar system to eligible customers in their Virginia Service territory.
Many Habitat for Humanity households qualify for this free program due to their household income level. To be eligible to purchase a Habitat home, all Habitat households must earn less than 80% of the area median income, which qualifies these families for this free solar program.
Habitat homes are generally built to a high energy efficiency standard. Habitat homes that are older (10 years or more) may have some characteristics that could be improved upon, such as heating and cooling systems. Through participation in Dominion’s income and age qualifying programs, these homes can receive valuable energy efficiency upgrades and a solar system at no cost to the homeowner.
- To be eligible for the free solar system, the Dominion customer must have previously participated in one Dominions income-qualifying programs that provide incentives to low-income, elderly, and disabled individuals for the installation of home improvements that reduce heating and cooling costs and enhance health and safety.
- A participant must be a current of new electric service customer of Dominion Energy Virginia
- Have a household annual income that does not exceed 80% of the local area median income as set forth by Virginia Housing or 60% of the state median income as determined by Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development, whichever is greater.
- Be 60 years old or older with a total household income that does not exceed 120% of the Virginia median income as defined by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development income guidelines
- Eligible customer must reside in a single-family, townhome, or mobile home placed on a permanent foundation.